Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Friends and Old Traditions

Happy Anniversary (October 7th) to Grandma and Grandpa Snyder...42 years!!! Your love is inspirational! I hope we all find that kind of love in our lives! God bless you both!

And now...Miss Brooklin;)...

Relaxing on the couch, having a drink with a friend...

Brooklin and Tanner FINALLY met! Pretty sure they will be best friends. Just look at how they look at each other...fun playdates in the future...miles may separate them, but that just means we get to go on mini vacays:)!!!
After the Pumpkin Fest in Westville, we went to Coulter's to get Brooklin a pumpkin with Grandma and Grandpa Snyder.

They had lots to do there...plus, lots of open space to run around...her favorite part.
Soooo...I was really excited to get a pumpkin this year. I thought for sure she would love carving it with me. Well, I thought she would at least love the goopy stuff in the middle.
Awe...Mommy's big helper....

Okay...let's be honest here...it didn't quite work out the way I thought it would. She wanted nothing to do with it once she touched the stringy inside...I actually forced her to have a handful, which she looked at in utter disgust and started crying...So, I got to carve a pumpkin, which was still kind of fun...hadn't did that in years. The picture below shows how the whole scene really looked;)...


But it was all worth it...I was able to get some really cute pictures for Halloween cards!!!
I also decided that Brooklin and I would make some brownies...this she had no problem sticking her hands in...lol
What?! Isn't this how you make brownies???
Last but not least...a major breakthru...that is right, Brooklin on a mower...and actually enjoying it! Yay! The noise still often scares her, but at least she is riding on it with a smile!
By the way, I keep forgetting to mention that Brooklin is able to count to 3 now... And that she has went in the potty a couple times. Such a big girl. She's been working on shape recognition with Grandma and Grandpa too. I have truly enjoyed the extra time I have gotten to spend with her since leaving the bank. It's been amazing!!! Sadly, I start back at work this weekend (the mall)...and would do anything to just be with my little girl. Someday we will have time to spend together...just hope she still will want to spend that time with me. To know her is to love her... There is a song out on the radio now that makes me tear up every time I hear it...It's like someone looked into my heart and wrote down my feelings for her...It's called "I Just Call You Mine" by Martina McBride. If you haven't heard it, you should check it out!!!!

2 comments:

The Leedle's said...

OH MY GOSH...I seriously LOVE the pictures (all of them), but esp the one of her on that bench with the pumpkin...look at that face, priceless. I WANT ONE!!! Actually, I know how big of a pain it is to address and send things, so i'll just go on here and look at her :-) Ha-Ha Love that she finally likes the lawnmower--how fitting, right...love the two pics of her and tanney..awwwww. YOU GUYS will def have to come up here to visit. I know it'll take us forever to plan something as usual...so next year when it warms up for sure..we can go to great america (kiddies rides obviously), gurnee mills, and visit the Leedle Dairy Farm in Wisconsin...all in one weekend! Or you can just come and we can hang out...

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Snyder..wahhooo!!! Also, think the brownie batter picture amazing and laughed out loud when I saw the pics of YOU carving the pumpkin. Just think...you can do that someday when you're a teacher with your classroom kiddos (depending on age...lol)

OK--sorry for leaving such a long comment...glad the girls met and that we finally got to see each other...AGAIN! Hopefully sooner than later...thanks for the post and new pictures...awesome. Give B (brooklin, not brandon) a kiss from me and T.

Lori said...

I just loved the pictures you had on your blog, Brooklin is such a big girl already! My heart melted at the picture of Brooklin and her baby doll. And I will also agree with Chelsea, what a little princess sitting on the bench with the pumpkin! I have a confession, that picture of Brooklin eating the brownie batter makes me think of........myself! (there I said it, I eat batter too...now I feel so much better!)
Great blog Jackie! I enjoy reading:)